Territory of Norfolk Island
|External territory of Australia|
God Save the Queen
|- From 2007||Owen Walsh|
|- From 2010||David Buffett|
|- August 10, 1979||Norfolk Island Act|
The Territory of Norfolk Island is an external territory of Australia.
Two British attempts at establishing the island as a penal colony (1788-1814 and 1825-55) were ultimately abandoned. In 1856, the island was resettled by Pitcairn Islanders, descendants of the Bounty mutineers and their Tahitian companions.
Tourism, the primary economic activity, has steadily increased over the years and has brought a level of prosperity unusual among inhabitants of the Pacific islands. The agricultural sector has become self sufficient in the production of beef, poultry, and eggs.
- Owen Walsh (₩) (August 8, 2007 - )
- David Buffett (₩) (March 24, 2010 - )
- Commonwealth of Australia (From 1901)
- Australia: Territory of Papua and New Guinea (1949-1975)
- Australia: Territory of Papua (1906-1949)
- Australia: Territory of New Guinea (1919-1949)